Executive Health Services Administration, M.S.
- Program Type:
- Online Master
- College of Health and Public Affairs
Healthcare is America’s fastest growing service industry. The Department of Health Management and Informatics offers a Master of Science in Health Sciences – Executive track in Health Services Administration (Executive HSA). The Executive HSA program focuses on the structure of health care organizations and examines important issues that impact the health care industry. The program is attractive to working health care professionals due to the online delivery format, which allows students to earn an Executive MSHSA degree from any location and at times convenient to each student.
Students admitted into this program must possess a minimum of three (3) years of relevant health care management experience. Students enroll in the program as a cohort with a maximum of 30 students. The cohort model provides faculty the opportunity to discuss issues in greater detail and allows students the ability to network amongst their peers. The program will be delivered in an online format and students are not required to attend any on campus meetings.
Applications are only accepted for fall admission. Applicants must submit the following documents:
- One (1) sealed transcript from each university/college attended.
- Goal statement indicating how the Executive Health Services Administration program will enhance career goals.
- Resume (no longer than two pages).
- Three years of relevant health care experience.
- Three recommendation letters that speak to your health care and/or management experience (1 of those recommendation letters must be from your current employer).
Required Courses: 44 Credit Hours (Core + Capstone)
Core: 40 Credit Hours
- HSA 6766: Health Care Statistics and Research (4 credit hours)
- HSA 6345: Leadership for Health Care Executives (4 credit hours)
- HSA 6179: Financial Accounting for Health Care Managers (4 credit hours)
- HSA 6346: Health Care Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
(4 credit hours)
- HSA 6505: Health Care Quality and Risk Management (4 credit hours)
- HSA 6178: Financial Management for Health Care Managers (4 credit hours)
- HSA 6197C: Health Care Informatics for Health Care Leaders (4 credit hours)
- HSA 6156: Health Care Economics and Policy (4 credit hours)
- HSA 6520: Epidemiology and Health Planning (4 credit hours)
- HSA 6555: Health Care Ethics and Law (4 credit hours)
Capstone: 4 Credit Hours
- HSA 6188: Health Care Capstone and Strategic Management (4 credit hours)
For additional information contact:
Hannah Nguyen, MHSA
Coordinator, Academic Support Services
Masters of Science in Health Care Informatics
Master of Science in Executive Health Services Administration
Department of Health Management & Informatics
Due to restrictive state regulations, UCF is not permitted to provide online courses or instruction to students in some states. More information is available here.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition Per Credit
For a description of fees, please visit http://tuitionfees.ikm.ucf.edu
UCF does not accept the State or UCF Employee tuition waiver for this program. Learn more about tuition waivers at UCF or contact the program if you have additional questions about this online degree.
Career OpportunitiesShow the full list
- business development director
- chief nursing officer
- executive director
- patient safety director
- practice manager
- risk management director
- vice president