- Program Type:
- Online Certificate
- College of Health and Public Affairs
The Department of Public Administration’s Online Graduate Certificate in Public Administration provides graduate level, continuing education for both in-service and pre-career students.
The program emphasizes the managerial skills essential for local government programs in an evolving metropolitan environment. Students gain knowledge that strengthens their professional standing and opens doors to management and support positions.
Admission to the PA certificate program requires completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 2.5 or above (on a 4.0 scale). Students meeting the minimum requirements are not guaranteed admission to the program. No substitution or transfer courses may be used in a certificate program.
Program of Study: 18 Total Credit Hours
All courses are available in a Web-based format. Courses and credit hours used for undergraduate degrees cannot also be counted toward the certificate program. The PA certificate program curriculum consists of 18 credits. Students complete a core of five courses (15 credits) and one elective (3 credits).
Core Courses: 15 Credit Hours
- PAD 6053: Public Administrators in the Governance Process
- PAD 6035: Public Administrators in the Policy Process
- PAD 6037: Public Organization Management
- PAD 6227: Public Budgeting
- PAD 6417: Human Resource Management
Restricted Elective: 3 Credit Hours
(select one course from the following)
- PAD 5060: Administrative Practice in the Public Sector
- PAD 5427: Labor Relations in the Public Sector
- PAD 5807: Local Government Operations
- PAD 5850: Grant and Contract Management
- PAD 6307: Policy Implementation
- PAD 6327: Public Program Evaluation Techniques
- PAD 6335: Strategic Planning and Management
Applications are accepted in the fall and spring semesters. Apply online.
Due to restrictive state regulations, UCF is not permitted to provide online courses or instruction to students in some states. More information is available here.
For additional information contact:
Dr. Tom Liou
College of Health and Public Affairs
Nasrin Lakhani, M.N.M.
Academic Services Coordinator
School of Public Administration
Tuition & Fees
Career OpportunitiesShow the full list
- administrative assistant
- benefits administrator
- college administrator
- human resources administrator
- public administrator
- public health manager
- public relations supervisor
- social program manager