Free Tutoring for Writers in Every Major
Jan 30, 2014 to May 03, 2014
The University Writing Center (Colbourn 105) offers individual and small-group tutoring to students, faculty, and staff. We help, face-to-face and online, with any writing: Classwork, resumes, cover letters, personal statements, professional writing, and personal writing. You can visit the UWC at any stage of the writing process, from deciphering a complex assignment, to drafting, revising, and learning strategies to proofread and edit more effectively. Click on our website to schedule a consultation today.
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your Writing Center experience:
- Schedule an appointment well in advance of your due date.
- If you’re working on a collaborative project, bring all your group members.
- Return to the UWC frequently throughout your writing process.
- Bring your assignment, draft work, sources, course materials, and questions.
- Come to each consultation with a few specific learning goals.
- Begin by explaining your assignment requirements and instructor’s expectations.
- Focus on learning and practicing strategies you can apply to future writing tasks.
- Take notes during your consultation; your tutor will also email a summary to you.
- Plan what to do next as you revise—and what to work on in your next UWC visit.
- Practice what you learn in the UWC between consultations.
- Check out our writing resources on the web.
|Contact Person:||R. Mark Hall, Director, University Writing Center|
|Posted By:||R. Mark Hall|