Winter Park Garden Club Endowed Scholarship
Feb 01, 2014 to Mar 01, 2014
The Winter Park Garden Club Endowed Scholarship is offered each fall and spring semester for qualified students majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology or Environmental Studies, who have an interest in botany, horticulture or environmental science. Scholarship information and application requirements are provided below.
- Amount of award: $1,000
- Two awards given, one during fall semester, one during spring semester
- Must hold a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be a resident of the State of Florida
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FASFA
- Must be a full time student majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology or Environmental Studies (through Interdisciplinary Studies) with a demonstrated interest in botany, horticulture, or environmental studies
- Must be either a junior or senior undergraduate or graduate level student
- Demonstrate involvement in campus leadership and/or community service related activities
- Must submit a one-page essay stating their specific goals related to education, career, and community service
- Must submit three (3) letters of recommendation
To apply for a scholarship you must log into http://my.ucf.edu, go to the Student Self Service Portal, and click on Scholarship Application. A resume is required for all COS scholarship submissions. Please direct any questions about the application process to Susan Hill in the College of Sciences office Susan.Hill@ucf.edu. Please make sure your application packet is complete as incomplete applications will not be considered. Application deadline has been extended to March 1, 2014.
|Contact Person:||Susan Hill|