On July 13, UCF Libraries switched to Primo, a new library system replacing the library catalog and QuickSearch.
Primo is a next-generation integrated library system (ILS) that leverages cloud-based services and offers a responsive web and mobile design. Primo will improve access to materials and enhance the user experience for students, faculty, and staff. Specifically, Primo allows for:
- searching across books, chapters, articles, videos, and many other document types,
- cross searching the library collections of all 40 Florida public universities and state colleges, and
- virtual browsing, to show book jackets and titles organized as they would appear on the shelf. This feature is especially useful as more items are stored in the Automated Retrieval Center (ARC).
Migrating to Primo means that links to the old library catalog and to QuickSearch will stop working. Links that need to be updated include:
- all links to the current library catalog, including records for books, ebooks, videos, and other documents,
- all links to content on QuickSearch (EBSCO Discovery Service), including articles, book chapters, Research Starters, and other documents, and
- all links created using the QuickSearch Lite tool in Canvas.
Please contact your Subject Librarian for assistance with updating course links, chat with library staff real time for an immediate response to questions, or use Report a Problem for issues with accessing electronic materials or other library resources.
Take a look at Primo! Contact Library Instruction to schedule an introduction to Primo for your class.