Yes, UCF Housing implemented the following changes this fall because of COVID-19.
Based on guidance from public health officials, UCF Housing moved to reduced occupancy for 2020-2021. The Towers at Knights Plaza, NorthView, Rosen Apartments, and UnionWest remained at regular occupancy. Four hundred fifty shared bedrooms in suites in the Nike, Hercules and Libra communities have been converted to single rooms for reduced occupancy.
Space and Amenity Restrictions
UCF may restrict the full use of spaces and amenities within the residential community including, but not limited to:
- No guests or visitors, at any time, including overnight, are permitted.
- Access to residential spaces is restricted to residential students, UCF staff and approved vendors.
- Residents may only enter the residential building to which they are assigned unless otherwise posted (i.e., to access services such as mailroom, laundry, or staff offices).
- Residents may only have one other building resident as a guest in their assigned room.
- Access to and use of community amenities/space may be restricted or limited in capacity (community space, offices, lounges, kitchen, laundry rooms, elevators, etc.).