Select your college:
Commencement Photo Opportunities
UCF GRADS, PLEASE DO THE “KNIGHT” THING AND USE BIODEGRADABLE CONFETTI WHEN TAKING PHOTOS ON CAMPUS.
Saturday, December 3 – Monday, December 19, 2022
Get your cameras ready, graduates, and strike a pose for portraits at one of the most iconic spots on campus — The Reflecting Pond. The pond serves as a favorite backdrop for UCF graduates, and this year the pond will have enhanced elements to add to the graduate experience.
Monday, December 12, 2022, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Tuesday, December 13, 2022, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday, December 14, 2022, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursday, December 15, 2022, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
FBC Mortgage Stadium will be open for graduates to come take their #UCFGrad photos during the advertised dates and times. Please enter through Gate 17 to access the stadium.
Thursday, December 15, 2022, from 3 – 7 p.m. at the Addition Financial Arena
Graduates are invited to walk across the commencement stage while loved ones record and photograph this milestone moment in your collegiate career. No preregistration is required, and this opportunity is open to graduates on a first-come, first served basis. Every graduate may bring up to eight (8) guests with them inside the arena. Regalia is not required to participate. Complimentary parking is available in Garage D. Mobility impaired individuals may be dropped off in front of the Addition Financial Arena prior to parking.
Graduates participating in the commencement ceremonies are required to wear official UCF regalia available exclusively through the UCF Bookstore.
- In-store cap and gown ordering:
- will take place September 27-29 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm at the UCF Bookstore, John T. Washington Center location.
- Online cap and gown ordering:
- is available at the Herff Jones website.
There is a late deadline for regalia of November 11, 2022. All rental orders placed after November 4 will be assessed a rush fee. Graduates are encouraged to order their cap and gowns sooner rather than later to allow ample time for your order to be delivered to your home. If you have any questions, please contact the UCF Bookstore at 407-882-0365.
Graduates who ordered their official academic regalia on or before November 11 may pick up their reader cards and tickets at the UCF FAIRWINDS Alumni Center from December 5-9.
Graduates who did NOT preorder their official academic regalia through Herff Jones before the deadline can still rent regalia onsite at the UCF FAIRWINDS Alumni Center, along with picking up their reader card and guest tickets December 7-9
Note: Guest tickets and reader cards will only be distributed to graduates with regalia rental orders. Availability of sizes for official regalia cannot be guaranteed after December 9. Contact the Barnes & Noble at UCF Bookstore for any regalia request after December 9.
Graduates will receive four (4) commencement tickets for their ceremony.
Graduation announcements cannot be used for admission. Graduates do not register for or order commencement ceremony tickets. All graduates who have filed an intent to graduate on time and place a regalia order on time will receive commencement ceremony tickets during the designated dates/times established for guest ticket and reader card pick up. Guest tickets must be picked up along with reader cards by each graduate at the Orlando or regional area campuses by the dates specified below. Guests who do not have tickets may watch the live ceremony via a simulcast viewing in the FAIRWINDS Alumni Center and the Student Union. The Alumni Center’s seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets are not required for the live telecast, and it is closed captioned.
Orlando Campus Students
Tickets are picked up during ticket-pickup week at the FAIRWINDS Alumni Center located near the Addition Financial Arena on the main campus. A photo identification is required for pick up.
Doctoral candidates and Order of Pegasus graduates may obtain reserved seating for their guests by bringing their tickets to the Office of University Events and Engagement (Millican Hall, Room 326) during ticket-pickup week for a reserved seating stamp.
Monday, December 5, 2022 – Friday, December 9, 2022
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: UCF FAIRWINDS Alumni Center
Regional Campus Students
Regional campus graduates pick up guest tickets at the FAIRWINDS Alumni Center located near the Addition Financial Arena on the main campus. A photo identification is required for pick up.
Unable to Pick up guest tickets
Graduates unable to pick up their guest tickets may designate a third party to do so by providing them with a letter authorizing UCF to release the tickets during ticket-pickup week. Letters must include the name of the designated pick-up person, along with the graduate’s full name, PID, college of major and their signature on the letter. The designated third party must also present a copy of the student’s photo ID along with the authorization letter.
Doctoral candidates and Order of Pegasus requesting reserved seating from the Office of University Events and Engagement via third party will need a second printed copy of the authorization letter.
There will be no ticket lottery offered for additional tickets for graduates. We encourage graduates to reach out to fellow graduates about additional tickets.
Any forfeited tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis at the Addition Financial Arena box office two hours prior to each individual Commencement ceremony.
Commencement Rules & Tips
Grad cap decorations
- Graduation cap decorations must lay flat against the cap and extend no higher than the cap button.
- Stagnant LED lights are permitted.
- Moving or flashing lights are not permitted.
- Language on decorated caps must be appropriate.
important venue info
- Please anticipate a longer than expected travel time to the Addition Financial Arena due to traffic.
- Graduates should be at the Addition Financial Arena one hour and 30 minutes prior to their commencement ceremony.
- Graduates who arrive after the procession begins will not be guaranteed a seat.
- All graduates should park in Garage D. View a map of the location of Garage D .
- Graduates must stay for the entire duration of the commencement ceremony.
important ticket info
- Please check to make sure all guest tickets have the correct commencement ceremony date and time listed on them.
- There is no ticket lottery for additional tickets.
- Graduation announcements cannot be used for admission.
- The use of cell phones, iPads or Go Pros is prohibited during the ceremony.
- Selfie sticks are not permitted.
- The following items are prohibited to bring by both graduates and their guests: balloons, bottles, cans, containers, glass vases, alcoholic beverages, noisemakers, air horns, laser pens, silly string, confetti, banners, signs or posters.
- Graduates should wear comfortable shoes.
- Temperature in the arena can be cold during the ceremony.
- Graduates participating in the commencement ceremonies are required to wear official UCF regalia available exclusively through the UCF Bookstore.
- Honor cords from various honor societies may be worn if they are the official designation of an officially recognized group.