Recruitment is now open for the 2025 Spring Legislative Session. Applications are due on September 22nd, 11:59PM and must be submitted to Handshake for consideration.
Students selected for the program learn directly from legislative and lobbying staff through hands-on experience in the office. This leadership opportunity emphasizes professional development, enabling students to acquire essential skills crucial for success in policymaking, governance roles, and public service.
- Be academically classified as a junior, senior, or graduate student as of January 2025.
- For Spring 2025 must be currently enrolled in academic courses at UCF, earning credits towards your graduation requirements.
Qualifications & Expectations
- Willing to be nonpartisan
- Strong communication abilities, including speaking, writing, research, and computer skills
- Interest in, or knowledge of the legislative process
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in a fast-paced and highly visible environment
Benefits & Scholarship
Each Legislative Scholar will be awarded a $3,000 scholarship for Spring 2025, in addition to having an all-inclusive apartment paid for and shared with a fellow Legislative Scholar in Tallahassee for the Legislative Session and reimbursement for travel expenses for one round trip to Tallahassee.
Students from any academic program can apply. The number of credit hours is determined by the academic program. All students will pay for and receive credit hours at their current in state or out of state cost for the internship and will have a project or assignment determined by their academic program.
Handshake Application & Additional Materials Required