Updated August 4, 2020
Our primary focus is to ensure the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff while keeping the university open and operational. This global pandemic will have financial implications for our university, and it is important that we begin preparing for financial challenges. The following vacancies may continue to be posted and/or filled:
- All contract and grant-funded positions, regardless of position type
- All undergraduate and graduate student positions
- All postdoc scholars
- All adjunct positions
Reasons for exceptions to this hiring slow-down may include positions critical to:
- Campus and personal health and safety
- Compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Delivery of essential university services
- Courses necessary for timely graduation
Hiring managers who wish to request hiring exceptions must obtain approval from their dean or vice president and then forward the request to HRExceptions@ucf.edu. All submitted exceptions will then be reviewed either by Interim Provost Michael Johnson for units reporting to Academic Affairs or by Interim Chief Operating Officer Misty Shepherd for all other units. Exceptions will be limited, and final approval by the president will be required.
If approved for recruitment, job openings will be advertised in accordance with the university’s normal recruitment process.
Forms and FAQs
Exemption Request Forms:
- Visiting & Time-Limited — Extension Request
Fall Exemption Request Forms:
- Academic Units under Academic Affairs (Faculty, OPS, USPS, and A&P) —
- Administrative Units (Non-Academic) OPS, USPS, and A&P — Hiring Freeze Exception Request
For updated information, please visit the UCF HR Faculty and Staff Hiring Freeze page. We will continue to provide communication regarding when the hiring freeze will be lifted. If you have questions, please contact Renée Grigor, Director of Talent Acquisition at Renee.Grigor@ucf.edu.