July 7, 2020
On July 6, 2020, the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), the government agency responsible for international students, released guidance regarding the Fall 2020 semester. UCF Global is carefully reviewing the guidance with our attorneys to determine how it applies to UCF. Many important questions remain unanswered by this guidance and we anticipate that additional information will be released by SEVP in the coming days and weeks. We will continue to keep you informed via Knights email and by updating our COVID-19 FAQ page.
What You Need to Know Right Now
- The July 6 guidance is incomplete and leaves many questions. We anticipate additional information and possible changes in the coming days and weeks. UCF Global will keep you informed as more information is released. Continue to check your Knights email and the COVID-19 FAQ page.
- This guidance applies to your Fall 2020 enrollment requirements. If you are physically present in the U.S. in the Fall 2020 semester, you need to have in-person enrollment (P, M, RA, or RS section). Until we receive further guidance, we interpret this to mean:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral Students: At least one of your classes must be in person (P, M, RA, or RS sections).
- UCF Global English Language Programs: None of your classes can be online (W or V sections).
- If you are outside of the U.S. and are unable to return for the Fall 2020 semester, you may need a new I-20 to return at a later semester. If you are abroad and unable to return for the Fall 2020 semester, you will likely need to receive a new I-20 for your return in a future semester.
Please know that UCF Global is here for you. We understand that you may have questions, and while we don’t have all of the answers yet, please feel free to contact us. We will work with you to help you as you decide your plans. Visit global.ucf.edu/coronavirus for more information or contact us by calling 407-823-2337.