August 6, 2020
We are excited to see you soon! Find important new information below about the housing check-in process.
Fall move-in will take place August 8 – 23, by appointment only. If you have not already scheduled your move-in appointment, do so by logging into the Housing Portal and clicking on the Fall 2020 Move-In Appointment button under Housing Quick Links. Once you select a move-in appointment, an email will be sent to you confirming the time and date.
It is very important to check out the move-in section of our website, which has been updated this week with important information regarding arrival times, testing locations, check-in, maps, unloading zones and overnight parking. Reviewing this information will ensure you have the smoothest possible move-in experience.
Before You Arrive
- You MUST pre-register online for your COVID-19 test prior to your arrival on campus. Instructions are on the move-in page of our website.
- Make sure to have a photo ID and a screenshot of your room assignment with HRL ID for check-in:
- You will be asked to show a screenshot of your room assignment and HRL ID number during check-in to help expedite receipt of your keys. You will want to access the Housing Portal, select your room assignment, and take a screenshot to have ready for drive-through check-in. Please be sure you can access it from your mobile device.
Driving Directions: Review the new check-in map on the move-in website. You may click on any of the map locations to create driving directions with Google Maps.
Review the Community Living Guide: It is your responsibility to be familiar with the policies and procedures outlined in the Community Living Guide. If you have any questions, ask your RA. Please pay close attention to the COVID-19 addendum beginning on page 43.
- Delayed Arrival Request Form: Based on requests we have received, we have launched a new process to allow students to move-in later in the semester. Students will be responsible for the full rental amount, but they will be able to keep the room they reserved and move in at a later time without being canceled as a no-show. The Delayed Arrival Request Form is now available in the Housing Portal.
- Enrollment Reminder: Residents must be enrolled in 9 credit hours in order to live on campus throughout the fall and spring.
- FERPA Release Authorization: A completed FERPA Release Authorization form gives our department permission to share your protected personal information with an individual you designate (usually a parent or family member), should they request access to such records. Fill out the form online via the Housing Portal (myUCF > Student Self Service > Housing > Housing Portal) if you would like to grant permission.
- Meal plans are still available (on-campus housing residents): Be sure to check out the Dining Services website for information on meal plan options, campus restaurants, and more. Updates will be added soon to include a new Wellness-14 plan, which provides 14 days of meal deliveries for students in isolation who have not already purchased a meal plan.
Stay Informed and Get Involved
- UCF Mobile: Download the UCF mobile app for easy access to maps, FAQs, and more.
- Follow UCF Housing: Be sure to follow us on your favorite social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for more move-in tips and information about campus resources and events.
- Get Involved: Leadership positions are available within your Community Area Council. Visit RHAUCF.com for more information. Connect with RHA @RHAUCF on Instagram and Twitter for updates.
Please email Housing and Residence Life with any questions.
Housing and Residence Life