September 4, 2020
We are reminding you to continue to follow COVID-19 policies and best practices this Labor Day weekend.
This summer, we saw that carelessness during holiday weekends had a direct impact on the spike of positive cases in Central Florida. We do not want to see that at UCF, and each of you can take steps to prevent that:
- Always wear a face covering outdoors and indoors when you are outside of your assigned space, even when making short trips inside your building
- Maintain physical distancing
- Wash and sanitize your hands often
- KnightConnect has been updated with events you can participate in this long weekend, along with other ways to get involved and stay engaged.
There are ways to stay social while also putting safety first:
- Reduce the number of attendees
- Keep your distance
- Require face coverings to be worn the whole time — indoors and outdoors
- Take your event outside
- Use a virtual option to get together
- Every step you take to prevent further spread of COVID-19 matters. We also expect you to hold each other accountable and report problems that could jeopardize community well-being. Reports about non-compliance with COVID-19 guidelines can be made to UCF’s IntegrityLine.
Remember that the addendum you signed prior to moving in prohibits gatherings in residence halls and requires you to follow instructions of Housing staff. Failure to uphold the agreement you signed creates a danger to the well-being of our community, and residents who violate these policies will be removed from UCF Housing.
We are all in this together. Stay safe, and Armor Up!
Housing and Residence Life