February 11, 2021
The portal to apply for emergency funds is now open for eligible students experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The application for emergency grants will remain open though 11:59 p.m. February 20, 2021.
As we shared last week, UCF has received more than $25 million in relief funds through the federal Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF). We will award this aid directly to eligible students, beginning with those who have the greatest need.
The emergency aid can help with costs suffered due to the coronavirus, a student’s cost of attendance — such as tuition, fees, housing, books and other supplies — as well as food, healthcare or child care needs. Undergraduate, graduate, M.D. and UCF Online students who meet eligibility requirements can receive the funds.
Here’s what you need to know:
- HEERF grants do not need to be repaid.
- To be eligible, you must have submitted an error-free 2020-2021 FAFSA. If you haven’t submitted a FAFSA, it’s not too late — fill out the form here before applying for HEERF aid.
- Federal guidelines require that students be degree-seeking, enrolled in the term for which they are seeking assistance, and U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens.
- We will prioritize students who did not receive CARES Act funding from UCF last year and who are Pell eligible. If you already received CARES Act funding or are non-Pell eligible, you are still eligible and are encouraged to apply.
- UCF plans to award a flat amount of $1,000 per eligible applicant who did not previously receive the maximum award of CARES Act funding from UCF last year.
- Funds will be awarded in early March. Log onto myUCF and make sure you are signed up for Direct Deposit. This is the fastest way to receive the funds after they are awarded.
If you are not eligible for a HEERF grant, you may be eligible for other assistance. Students in financial distress are encouraged to contact Student Care Services at [email protected].
If you have questions, please review this detailed FAQ about the HEERF awards for answers to common questions. Students should direct questions regarding HEERF funding and eligibility requirements to [email protected].
Armor Up, Knights!