Current forecasts call for sustained tropical storm force winds to impact the Orlando area from Wednesday afternoon through Friday morning. Students who can safely return home or to another location to ride out the storm are strongly encouraged to leave as soon as their classes are finished today.
Campus operations will now be closed from Wednesday, Sept 28., through Friday, Sept. 30. We expect to reopen Saturday, Oct. 1, and we will continue to provide regular updates about reopening.
Please note that the housing mail centers will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 28 through Friday, Sept. 30. If you have any packages to pick up, do so today before 5 p.m. Package pickup will resume when the university reopens.
UCF Housing will remain open for students in all residential communities. All housing residents remaining in their spaces for the duration of the storm should plan to be inside by 4 p.m., or earlier, if conditions deteriorate more quickly.
Please identify whether you will be remaining in your room or relocating off-campus on the Weather Emergency Plan form on the main page of the Housing Portal (myUCF > Student Self Service > Housing > Housing Portal > Weather Emergency Plan).
- Students who will remain in their residence halls should purchase food and supplies today.
- Grocery shuttles are available until 8pm today from the main and Downtown campuses to nearby Publix stores.
- Residents will not be permitted to have guests in their space Wednesday through Friday.
- The Community Living Guide and UCF Rules of Conduct will be strictly enforced; you must follow all policies, guidelines, and staff instructions.
- Candles or any other items using a flame are prohibited, even in the event of power loss.
- Keep your UCFID card and room key with you at all times as staff will not be able to provide lockouts until the severe weather subsides.
- All in-person support from Housing and Residence Life will be suspended as of 4 p.m. Wednesday through Friday.
- Due to impacts from the storm, comforts such as power, wi-fi, and police and medical assistance may be limited.
- On-campus dining, study and recreation locations will be closed Wednesday through Friday.
- You may contact your community office with any urgent questions or concerns.
- If you experience any emergencies, call 911 directly.
Continue to check the UCF Hurricane website for updates and additional information.
If you feel you need some additional support, here are some additional resources from UCF Counseling and Psychological Services:
- Keep yourself informed, yet avoid obsessing over the news
- Gather supplies that help you manage distress in the moment (stress balls, coloring books, stuffed animals, etc.)
- Talk it out! Reach out to family and friends and discuss your feelings
- Use our crisis hotline if you need to speak to a counselor: 407-823-2811 and press 5
- You can also use our Therapy Assisted On-line (TAO) program with modules to provide support during the storm. Access TAO by finding it in the UCF App under Wellbeing, or by using this direct link (enrollment key: stay calm): https://us.taoconnect.org/learner/invit e/185/StayCalm/
Stay safe and charge on!
UCF Housing and Residence Life