In anticipation of Tropical Storm Nicole, UCF will suspend campus operations and all classes, including online classes, Wednesday, Nov. 9, and Thursday, Nov. 10. UCF is already scheduled to be closed on Friday, Nov. 11, in recognition of Veteran’s Day.
UCF Housing will remain open and operational through the storm for all residents, and campus dining halls will remain open until 3 p.m. Wednesday. Now is the time to prepare for the storm’s arrival.
We encourage you to use this time to take storm preparations seriously and to stay indoors and off the road once tropical storm-force conditions arrive late Wednesday afternoon.
Please identify whether you will be remaining in your room or relocating off-campus on the Weather Emergency Plan form on the main page of the Housing Portal (myUCF > Student Self Service > Housing > Housing Portal > Weather Emergency Plan).
- Students who will remain in their residence halls should purchase food and supplies TODAY.
- Grocery shuttles are available until 8pm today from the main campuses to nearby Publix stores.
- Residents will not be permitted to have guests in their space Wednesday through Friday.
- The Community Living Guide and UCF Rules of Conduct will be strictly enforced; you must follow all policies, guidelines, and staff instructions.
- Candles or any other items using a flame are prohibited, even in the event of power loss.
- Keep your UCFID card and room key with you at all times as staff will not be able to provide lockouts until the severe weather subsides.
- All in-person support from Housing and Residence Life will be suspended as of 3 p.m. Wednesday through Friday.
- Due to impacts from the storm, comforts such as power, wi-fi, and police and medical assistance may be limited.
- On-campus dining locations will close at 3pm on Wednesday.
- You may contact your community office with any urgent questions or concerns.
- If you experience any emergencies, call 911 directly.
Please note that the housing mail centers will be closed Wednesday, Nov. 9 through Friday, Nov. 11. If you have any packages to pick up, do so today before 5 p.m. Package pickup will resume when the university reopens.
We would like to acknowledge that many members of our community were greatly impacted during Hurricane Ian and may be experiencing additional distress at this time. Use our crisis hotline if you need to speak to a counselor: 407.823.2811 and press 5. For additional CAPs information please visit their website https://caps.sdes.ucf.edu/.
Continue to check the UCF Hurricane website for updates and additional information.
Stay safe, and Charge On!
UCF Housing and Residence Life