Commencement Rules & Tips
Grad cap decorations
- Graduation cap decorations must lay flat against the cap and extend no higher than the cap button.
- Stagnant LED lights are permitted.
- Moving or flashing lights are not permitted.
- Language on decorated caps must be appropriate.
important venue info
- Please anticipate a longer than expected travel time to the Addition Financial Arena due to traffic.
- Graduates should be at the Addition Financial Arena one hour and 30 minutes prior to their commencement ceremony.
- Graduates who arrive after the procession begins will not be guaranteed a seat.
- All graduates should park in Garage D. View a map of the location of Garage D .
- Graduates must stay for the entire duration of the commencement ceremony.
important ticket info
- Please check to make sure all guest tickets have the correct commencement ceremony date and time listed on them.
- There is no ticket lottery for additional tickets.
- Graduation announcements cannot be used for admission.
- The use of cell phones, iPads or Go Pros is prohibited during the ceremony.
- Selfie sticks are not permitted.
- The following items are prohibited to bring by both graduates and their guests: balloons, bottles, cans, containers, glass vases, alcoholic beverages, noisemakers, air horns, laser pens, silly string, confetti, banners, signs or posters.
- Graduates should wear comfortable shoes.
- Temperature in the arena can be cold during the ceremony.
- Graduates participating in the commencement ceremonies are required to wear official UCF regalia available exclusively through the UCF Bookstore.
- Honor cords from various honor societies may be worn if they are the official designation of an officially recognized group.