Fueling the Future
As the most ambitious fundraising effort in our history, IGNITE: The Campaign for UCF will transform the university and the community for years to come. During the eight-year campaign, which came to a close June 30, 2019, every gift made to the university was counted toward the $500 million goal. And in true Knight spirit, we not only met the goal — we exceeded it.
Where the Money is Going
From educational opportunities to learning spaces, funds raised from IGNITE will help ensure UCF students not only succeed but excel.
$288,388.05 raised to feed students in need.
1 New Campus
New Endowed Faculty
|College of Arts and Humanities||$14,540,480|
|Burnett Honors College||$3,690,416|
|College of Business||$28,530,981|
|College of Community Innovation and Education||$13,667,932|
|College of Engineering and Computer Science||$91,763,251|
|College of Graduate Studies||$294,444|
|College of Health Professions and Sciences||$2,545,363|
|College of Medicine||$37,192,100|
|College of Nursing||$11,031,845|
|College of Optics and Photonics||$8,208,603|
|Rosen College of Hospitality Management||$25,169,283|
|College of Sciences||$24,220,188|
|College of Undergraduate Studies||$1,043,551|
|Student Development and Enrollment Services||$34,821,820|
Where the Money Came From
Alumni, students, faculty, staff as well as private and public organizations helped fuel our success.
- $10.25 Million: To support programs in the College of Business and UCF Athletics From Vince ’95 and Joyce ’98 Virga
- $3 Million: To establish the James and Julia Rosengren Endowed Chair, which will support research at UCF RESTORES, a PTSD clinic From Julia and Jim Rosengren ’81
- $2 Million: To reduce barriers and improve access to education in the Parramore neighborhood From Helios Education Foundation, JPMorgan Chase & Co. and The Kresge Foundation
- $1.5 Million: To create a learning hub and classroom for cybersecurity students From Lockheed Martin
- $1.5 Million: To improve nutrition for all UCF student-athletes From Bob Garvy
“We do not take lightly the trust our donors have placed in this great university. You can be sure their generosity will have a positive and profound impact on the lives of our students, faculty and alumni for years to come. Thank you!”
— Rick Walsh ’77 ’83MS, IGNITE Campaign Chair