Congratulations on being nominated for Order of Pegasus — the most prestigious and significant award a student can attain at the University of Central Florida. Official nominations for the Order of Pegasus come from the university’s president, provost, vice presidents and college deans, recognizing students who demonstrate exemplary academic achievement, university involvement, leadership and community service.
A complete application packet includes:
- Completed application form for the student’s degree level (available for download on this page)
- Two letters of recommendation (letters can be sent separately by the recommender, if preferred; see below for more information)
- Current resume
Student application packets are due on or before Friday, December 1, 2023. All materials should be submitted to UCF Info Ready.
Letters of Recommendation
Your application must include two current and in-depth letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a faculty member in your major field of study.
Please provide the following information to those individuals you have selected to write your letters of recommendation:
- Letters of recommendation should be in-depth and address how the nominee for Order of Pegasus has made a difference in one or more of the university’s five core values illustrated in the UCF Creed: Integrity, Scholarship, Community, Creativity and Excellence.
- For undergraduate nominees, it may be useful to include how these values relate to the student’s extracurricular activities, community services experiences, and academic honors, awards, or achievements.
- For graduate or professional nominees, it may be useful to include how these values relate to the student’s professional and community service activities, publications and/or research experiences, and academic honors, awards, or achievements.
- Recommender will receive a link from InfoReady to submit letters as a PDF file confidentially.
- Letters of recommendation/application packets will not be accepted after the deadline.
Interviews for Student Nominees
The Order of Pegasus Committee is made up of faculty, staff and university leaders. The committee reviews applications and selects the Order of Pegasus awardees. Students will be notified if they receive an interview early in the spring semester. Award recipients are announced in spring and will be formally acknowledged by the university. Receipt of application does not guarantee an interview.