The Nanoscience Technology Center at UCF invites researchers from both academia and industry in the State of Florida to participate in NanoFlorida 2009, the second annual symposium on nanoscience and nanotechnology, being held on September 25 – 26th, 2009 at the University of Central Florida – Student Union.
The NanoFlorida symposium is being organized with a view to:
- Create a forum for researchers in the State of Florida for scientific exchange and to help identify emerging challenges at the frontiers of nanoscience and technology.
- Promote closer research ties and networking opportunities within the Florida nanoscience community.
- Foster and encourage collaborative research efforts between academicians from different Florida universities and institutes and beyond.
- Forge strong industry-academia partnerships in the field of nanoscience technology to promote market-driven research and innovation in Florida and beyond.
- Encourage and showcase the contributions of young graduate, undergraduate students and postdocs by creating a student-friendly event where they can present their research among their peers thereby ensuring a new generation of nanoscientists.
We urge and invite you to join us for an exciting and engaging event of information exchange and discussions encompassing cutting edge research and developments in the areas of Designer Nanostructures, Nanomaterials for Energy, Nanobiotechnology and Nanomedicine, Nanophotonics and Nanoelectronics, Nanomodeling and NanoEducation.
Undergraduate researchers may submit abstracts for poster presentation only. Student researchers selected for presenting at NanoFlorida 2009 and traveling from outside the Orlando Metropolitan area to participate in the symposium will be eligible to receive travel fellowship.
The due date for submission of completed abstracts for participation in NanoFlorida 2009 is September 4, 2009.
For further information, please contact:
Swadeshmukul Santra, Ph. D.
Nanoscience Technology Center,
Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Science Center
University of Central Florida
12424 Research Parkway
Suite 400, Research Pavilion
Orlando, FL 32826
Phone: (407) 882-2848 (office)
E-mail: [email protected]