Specific high school course units are required for admission as a first-year student (an academic unit is a non-remedial, yearlong course). We require a total of 18 high school units.
- 4 units of English (at least three with substantial writing requirements)
- 4 units of mathematics (Algebra I and above)
- 3 units of natural science (at least two with laboratory)
- 3 units of social studies
- 2 sequential units of the same world language
- 2 elective units, preferably from English, mathematics, natural science, social studies or world language areas
NOTE: Satisfying the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into UCF. Florida BOG Regulation 6.001 (7) authorizes universities to refuse admission to applicants due to past misconduct.