Reminder: First-year applicants from U.S. high schools must submit a SPARK Form in lieu of an initial high school transcript to be considered for admission. If you are an applicant or admitted student who submitted a SPARK prior to 1st semester grades being released, a “mid-year update“ is required.
Why be a Knight? For lots of reasons. We are a community of helpers, makers and leaders. We’re diverse and inclusive. We push ourselves to reach our maximum potential. And we all make big things happen.Watch video: Students Live Big at UCF
Fall 2020 Freshman Class Profile*
Average SAT Score
(Evidence-based Reading/Writing + Math)
Average ACT Score
Average High School GPA
National Merit Scholars
Ethnic Minority Enrollment
Top 5 Majors:
Engineering, Computer Science, Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Psychology
Top 5 States:
Florida, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Pennsylvania
Top 5 Countries Outside of the United States:
Venezuela, China, United Kingdom, Brazil, Colombia
*As of Dec. 1, 2020
Who Should Apply as a Freshman?
- High school seniors
- High school students or graduates who earned dual enrollment credit or an AA degree but have not completed more than 11 semester hours of college coursework after high school graduation
- High school graduates who have never enrolled in college
Florida BOG Regulation 6.001 (7) authorizes universities to refuse admission to applicants due to past misconduct. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
What You Need to Apply:
Freshman Application Deadlines
Freshman Admissions FAQs
When is the best time to apply?
What is the Top 10 Knights guaranteed admission initiative?
If you are in the top 10 percent of your high school class within the state of Florida, UCF rewards your academic success with guaranteed admission to the fall, spring or summer semester.*
We call this our Top 10 Knights program, and to qualify you must:
- Currently attend a Florida high school
- Rank in the top 10 percent of your high school class or have a recalculated GPA of 3.9 or above (if your high school does not provide rankings)
- Complete at least four units of approved academic core math by the end of your senior year
- Earn a minimum SAT score of 1100 (evidence-based Reading/Writing and Math) or an ACT composite score of 22.
*Consistent with university policy.Learn More about Top 10 Knights
Do I need to take certain courses during high school to be admitted?
The short answer: yes. UCF requires a minimum of 18 high school units to be considered for admission. Here are the details:
- Four years of English
- Four years of math (Algebra 1 and above)
- Three years of science
- Three years of social studies
- Two years of the same foreign language (in sequence)
- Two academic electives
Please note: Meeting these minimum requirements does not automatically guarantee admission. Florida BOG Regulation 6.001 (7) authorizes universities to refuse admission to applicants due to past misconduct.
Do you consider weighted GPAs?
Grades in Advanced Placement, AICE, dual enrollment, honors and International Baccalaureate courses will be given additional weight in your GPA computation if the courses are considered academic core (English, math, science, social science, or foreign language). Students will be required to submit official AP, IB or AICE scores and final official dual enrollment transcripts within six days of the start of their first semester at UCF.