Skip to main content

Leave these instructions open as you complete your UCF Self-Provided Academic Record for Knights (SPARK) Form. You must have a copy of your high school or home-education transcript nearby to reference while completing the form.

As a reminder, only First Time In College applicants currently enrolled in a high school or home education setting located in the United States or U.S. Territory (including Puerto Rico) should submit the SPARK Form.

The SPARK Form is currently compatible with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. Users have experienced issues viewing, completing and submitting the SPARK Form using Safari.

NOTE: The completed SPARK Form will be used to review your competitiveness and eligibility for admission. It will be used in lieu of an official high school transcript. Upon enrollment, your SPARK Form will be authenticated using a final official transcript from high school (and college if applicable). If your final official high school transcript does not match your SPARK Form submissions, your offer of admission may be rescinded, or your term of admission changed.

Do NOT submit a SPARK Form if:

  • You who have already graduated high school. You should submit your final official high school transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions electronically or by mail. Read our FAQ for information on sending transcripts.
  • Your school only provides teacher evaluations and not letter grades, numerical grades or percentages. If course outcomes are only provided through written evaluation, you should submit an official school transcript and not complete a SPARK Form.
  • You have earned a GED. You should submit your GED scores and partial high school transcript(s) to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
  • You are attending a high school outside of the United States or U.S. Territories. You should submit official transcripts(s), graduation certificate(s) and/or leaving exam results for all secondary coursework completed outside of the United States to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. For more information, please review our international admissions requirements.


  • Access the link for the SPARK Form on your Future Knight Portal
  • Access the “Schools” section
    • Add each school separately, including the high school you’re graduating from, virtual school, college or university. Schools should populate in the drop-down menu, but if they don’t, you can enter the name of your school manually. If you earned high school credit for coursework taken in middle/junior high school, you will enter this coursework under your high school; there is no need to add the name of your middle school.
    • If you have attended more than one high school, you should only list your current school (i.e. the school you’re graduating from).
  • For each school, please list the following:
    • Level of study: Select “high school” for secondary schools. Select “undergraduate” for any college(s) attended as a dual-enrolled student prior to graduating high school.
    • Start/end dates: You can enter 8/1/YYYY if you’re uncertain about the exact start date.
    • End date: Enter the last date you were enrolled at this institution. You can enter 5/1/YYYY if you’re uncertain about the exact date.
    • Graduation date for the school(s) from which you’re graduating.
    • Class rank: Indicate your rank in the first box and the total number of students in your class in the second box. This information should be available on your transcript.
      • If your school does not rank or if you are home educated, select the appropriate option on the SPARK Form.
  • Add coursework by clicking on the individual subject area tabs at the top of the page. On each tab, you will include the following:
    • Each course taken in high school, including dual enrollment, virtual school and pre-high school courses for that particular subject area.
    • In-progress (IP) coursework. These are the courses that you are either currently enrolled in, or plan to take in your senior year.
    • Course name and number as they appear on your transcript (if no course number exists, you may leave the section blank).
    • Grade level and grade(s) earned by semester.
      • 1st semester grade: If the semester grades are listed on your transcript, enter the 1st semester grade in the field. If you completed a course during the 2nd semester only, list it here and DO NOT enter it in the 2nd semester. If the course is in-progress, choose IP.
      • 2nd semester grade: If the semester grades are listed on your transcript, enter the 2nd semester grade. If the course is in-progress, choose IP. If the course is only 1 semester, leave the field blank.


  • The SPARK form uses semester grades only.
  • Block Scheduling: Yearlong courses taken over one semester should be entered with the final grade in both Semester 1 and Semester 2.
  • Trimester Scheduling: If the trimester course is a full year, enter the final grade in both Semester 1 and Semester 2. If you have completed a course for only 1 or 2 Trimesters, enter the grade in Semester 1 only.
  • +/- Grades: Plus or minus should be entered as the letter grade (for example A+ or A- are entered as A).
  • Numerical Grades (i.e. 94%) will need to be converted to letter grades using your school’s grading scale.
  • If the outcome of a course is “PASS,” select “S” for “Satisfactory.” If the outcome of a course is “FAIL,” select “U” for “Unsatisfactory.”
  • Grade Forgiveness and Repeat Classes: If you repeated coursework, only enter the course with the highest grade. NOTE: Repeat courses must exactly match previous attempts – including the course level. For example, if you took AP Biology and repeated the course as Honors Biology, this is not considered the same course and both courses and grades must be added to the SPARK Form.
  • Remedial/Fundamental coursework should not be added to the SPARK Form.

If you have additional questions, please visit our SPARK form FAQs or email