The Order of Pegasus is the most prestigious and significant award a student can attain at the University of Central Florida. Official nominations for the Order of Pegasus come from the university’s president, provost, vice presidents and college deans, recognizing students who demonstrate exemplary academic achievement, university involvement, leadership and community service.
To nominate students for the Order of Pegasus, please complete the form included in the call for nominations email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 2, 2023.
Considerations for Nominators
- Undergraduate Award — students in an undergraduate program with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and 90 or more semester credit hours by the end of the summer 2023 term. The award is made in the areas of academic achievement, outstanding university involvement, leadership and community service.
- Graduate Award — students in a master’s, doctoral or M.D. program who have a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA and have completed at least two semesters of graduate study at UCF to become eligible. The award is made in the areas of academic achievement, professional or community service, leadership, and publication or research experiences.
- Nominees for the Order of Pegasus should be individuals who have made a difference in one or more of the university’s five core values illustrated in the UCF Creed: Integrity, Scholarship, Community, Creativity and Excellence.
- Vice presidents who are not student facing are also encouraged to submit nominations. Please collaborate with staff members in your division and other nominators to help identify students to nominate.
After you submit your nomination, you may contact the student and provide the information below to help them complete their application packet. They will also receive an official notice of their nomination. Completed application packets must include:
- Completed application form for the student’s degree level (available here)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current resume
Student application packets are due on or before Friday, December 1, 2023. All materials should be submitted to UCF Info Ready.
Interviews for Student Nominees
The Order of Pegasus Committee is made up of faculty, staff and university leaders. The committee reviews applications and selects the Order of Pegasus awardees. Students will be notified if they receive an interview early in the spring semester. Award recipients are announced in spring and will be formally acknowledged by the university. Receipt of application does not guarantee an interview.