Looking to save money this summer? Go green and cut your energy use at home. Here are 5 simple ways to conserve energy:
1. Use ceiling fans to cool your home in the summer.
2. Turn down the temperature on your water heater. It can save 14-25 percent of your energy.
3. Have your insulation checked, and make sure that even unheated areas (attics, etc.) are well insulated.
4. Wash clothes in cold water and dry several loads one after the other—the dryer will already be warm.
5. Find and seal any leaks. Check your doors, windows, even gaps around chimneys.
Visit the FSEC Web site for more information about energy conservation.