Rosen College brought some extra “spirit” to FOX 35’s morning show today, which aired live from UCF. Ph.D. Candidate and Graduate Teaching Associate Marissa Orlowski and senior JR Cook joined anchors John Brown and Amy Kaufeldt to demonstrate how to make several crowd-pleasing fall cocktails at home. See below for the recipes featured during the broadcast.
Apple-Pear Spritzer (Non-Alcoholic)
- Soak the fruit and spices in apple cider in a large punch bowl (1-2 hours before serving).
- Add sparking waters into a large punch bowl just before serving.
Fall Old Fashioned
- Using brulee torch, toast oak plank and place glass over charred wood.
- Add all other ingredients besides the orange peel to a mixing vessel and stir.
- Add ice to “smoke-rinsed” glass.
- Pour cocktail over ice.
- Garnish with a twist of orange peel.
Pineapple Mezcal “Cocktail”
- Pour water and juices into small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin, sugar and chili powder over the top and let it soak for a few minutes.
- Heat over medium, stirring until the gelatin and sugar dissolve. The mixture can simmer, but should not boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 1 minute.
- Add the spirits and stir.
- Pour into a 9×13 or 8×8 pan. A 9×13 pan will give you more squares that are low in height; an 8×8 pan will give you less squares that are taller.
- Chill overnight. Cut into squares and remove with an offset metal spatula.
- Sprinkle or brush with sea salt.
Learn more about restaurant and foodservice management education at Rosen College.