In honor of National Small Business Week, the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at UCF has planned a week-long celebration May 18-22. During this time, the SBDC has scheduled several new workshops and networking opportunities for small business owners and the business professionals who service them. Events include:
Monday, May 18, Procurement Day
- Workshop: How to do Business with Orange County, 10 am – 12 pm, Free
Tuesday, May 19, Networking Day
- Small Business Resource Network Membership Luncheon, 11:30 am – 1 pm, held at the Citrus Club, $20 for members, $25 for guests, RSVP required to [email protected].Guest speaker: Leslie Hielema, president, Orlando Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Advisory Board Council Reception, 5:30 – 7 pm, RSVP required to [email protected]. Featuring program information and program success story, Cheryl Stockstad, president, Limitless International, Inc.
Wednesday, May 20, Technology Day
- Workshop: Getting Started with Search Engine Optimization, 8 – 11 am, $30 for Orange County businesses/$90 for businesses outside Orange County, continental breakfast included, pre-registration required.
- Workshop: Getting Started with Constant Contact & the Power of e-Mail Marketing, 1 – 4 pm, $45, refreshments included, pre-registration required.
Thursday, May 21, Export Day
- Workshop: Export 101, An Introduction to Exporting, 9 am – 3:30 pm, $45, lunch included, pre-registration required, presented in partnership with the Florida District Export Council
The week-long celebration is being sponsored by Orange County Government, Disney Entrepreneur Center and the UCF College of Business Administration. All events will be held at the SBDC at UCF, located at the Disney Entrepreneur Center, 315 E. Robinson Street, Suite 100, Downtown Orlando, unless otherwise noted. To register for the workshops or for additional information, visit the SBDC Web site or call (407) 420-4850.