UCF Athletics is currently seeking design proposals from artists who are interested in spreading their Knights pride across Orlando through the ‘Orlando’s Hometown Team’ Mural Project. UCF Athletics is requesting artists to present mural design proposals that represent what the university means to them.
This project will be fully funded by UCF Athletics. Interested artists may submit an original mural design, following the entry requirements and details listed below.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS
- Artistic murals are original, hand-rendered works of art — meaning that the graphic is generally not available anywhere else in the world, is not copyrighted, is an original work of art, etc.
- Text is limited to 5 percent of the area of the artwork
- A sponsorship graphic may be included in up to 5 percent of the area of the mural (e.g., a UCF athletics logo)
- There is no specific color palette but including black and gold is encouraged
- This will be a large-scale outdoor painting with varying sizes and materials of walls (brick, cinder block, etc.) depending on the location
UCF Athletics will review the applications and submit the top candidates to the City of Orlando for final design approval. Each artist whose mural design is approved will receive a stipend ranging between $1,000-$2,000 to cover the cost of paint, supplies, and labor (dependent upon the size of the wall). Any leftover supplies can be kept by the artist.
UCF Athletics will cover the rental of scaffolding to reach the top of the wall and the sealant to cover the design once it is finished. Plus, UCF Athletics will promoted the artist every time it talks about this project throughout the year. (Please feel free to include your social media handles when you submit your design so we can spread the word).
Artists whose design(s) are chosen will be required to sign a release/waiver authorizing UCF Athletics to use their artwork in any and all media without any additional compensation to them.
All submissions for the Orlando’s Hometown Team mural project need to be sent by June 14, 2019 to email@example.com along with your name, email, and cell number to be considered.
Please send the design in either .jpeg or .png format at 300dpi. Artists will be notified on or before June 24, 2019, if their artwork has been chosen for submission to the City of Orlando for final approval.