– UCF’s rushing defense held Texas to 67 yards on the ground, the Longhorns’ lowest total on their home field in non-conference action since Arkansas held Texas to 62 yards rushing on Sept. 13, 2003. The Knights came into the game ranked seventh nationally, yielding just 87.8 yards per game on the ground. Texas averaged 155.9 yards per game on the ground entering the contest.
– The first quarter today was the first time that UCF has held a ranked team scoreless in the first quarter since Sept. 29, 2001, at No. 8 Virginia Tech.
– Today’s crowd of 101,003 is the third largest to ever see a UCF football game, behind just a pair of games the Knights have played at Penn State.
– Today’s game was a matchup of two of the five largest schools in America. UCF has the country’s third-largest enrollment at 53,537 while Texas is fifth at 51,032.
– At No. 2, Texas is the highest ranked team that UCF has faced in the FBS era (since 1996). UCF did face No. 1 Florida State on Sept. 23, 1995, in Tallahassee.
– For the first time since 1999, UCF will play ranked teams in consecutive weeks as the Knights will play host to another Texas team, No. 13 Houston, this upcoming Saturday at Bright House Networks Stadium.
– With his two sacks today, Jarvis Geathers tied Bruce Miller for the team lead with nine on the year. He also matched Miller’s team-leading 11.5 TFLs on the season.
– Freshman Josh Robinson’s interception is his fourth in his last five games. His four on the season is the best by a UCF freshman since Joe Burnett picked off five passes in 2005.
– Blake Clingan’s 70-yard punt was a career-long and tied for the fourth-longest punt in school history with Charlie Pierce’s 70-yard boot against Troy on Oct. 30, 1993. It was UCF’s longest punt since current Denver Broncos placekicker Matt Prater had a 74-yard punt on Oct. 11, 2003, against Ohio. Clingan left four of his eight punts inside the 20 today.
– Redshirt freshmen Theo Goins and Chad Hounshell made their first career starts today at right and left guard, respectively. Goins is a Houston native who attended Hightower High School.
– True freshman Jonathan Davis made his first career start today at tailback and finished with a career-high 71 yards.
– Junior Wes Tunuufi Sauvao made his first career start today at defensive tackle.
– The Scout Team Players of the Week were Matthew Slack (offense and special teams) and Brandon Bryant (defense).
Final Score: UCF 3, Texas 35.