My Organization has been retired.
If you have an event or announcement to recommend, click on the appropriate link below.
Guidelines and Procedures for Announcements and Events
- Events are happenings that are date, time, and location specific, and must have an actual start date, time and physical or virtual location. Postings that do not fit these criteria can be posted as an Announcement as long as the announcement does not violate any other policy .
- Announcements are general pieces of news to be promoted to the UCF community.
- Only post your announcement once in the system.
- Generally, an event should have a brief, descriptive and compelling title.
- Events are not to be announcements in disguise.
- Not every event published into the system will be selected to show up on ucf.edu or on the main calendar.
- Events that have an impact on a large portion of the UCF community, intellectually and/or culturally relevant events, and events that contribute to the academic pursuits of the student population will be given priority on the main web site and main UCF calendar.
- Only those individuals with administrative access to post events and announcements should be posting the information. If you have someone else post this you should be verifying that the information is accurate.
- All events and announcements are reviewed before being published on events.ucf.edu, ucf.edu/announcements and in the all-campus emails.
- When recommending an announcement or event for publication it is important to note that the all-campus emails are generated many hours before they are sent; it is important not to wait until the last minute to submit your request. The emails will only include the announcements, events and news items that have been reviewed and approved to appear on that day’s email.
- Users shall not post content which is defamatory, or which constitutes a breach of telecommunications security, or is in violation of Federal, State, or local laws or university rules or policies.
- The university and its employees are prohibited from using any university resources for, or implying in any way that the university is directly involved in, political campaigns or campaign fundraising.
- When posting, please note that HTML tags are not allowed.
- Avoid using all caps in any section of your posting.
- Refrain from using characters such as the asterisk, tilde, or any non-text character in the title of the Event or Announcement.
- Verify the date, time and location are accurate before posting
- Review the title of your post: Make it simple to understand. Be certain it will effectively communicate to a wide audience.
- Verify the content is appropriate and accurate.
- Check to make sure the correct audience is selected.
Items to check:
Disclaimer: Events and Announcements recommended for publication may be selected for display on the UCF homepage and in the weekly all-campus emails. If selected, the event (or announcement) title, description, short description and other information may be edited for content, spelling, grammar, punctuation, size, and other information as necessary. Changes may also appear in @UCF emails and events listings.
For more information, view the Division of Information Technologies and Resources Use of Information Technology and Resources Policy.
For other existing Information Technology and Resources policies please visithttp://itr.ucf.edu/policies/policies.asp.
For information on UCF’s writing style guide, go to http://brand.ucf.edu/writing-style-guide/.
Use of the system is monitored daily, and abuse of the system will result in the loss of the user account and deletion of the information from the system.