Our Shared Vision
As we close another successful academic year at UCF, we have a new goal worthy of our skills and passion: To become the world’s leading public metropolitan research university and a top 50 public research university in the nation.
Together, we will achieve this vision by focusing on student success and innovative teaching, research and scholarship. This will require all of us to work together — both internally and with community partners — to advance our mission.
Continuing to build on the university’s 58 years of growth, we must:
- build an inclusive environment with a culture of compassion at its core,
- become exceptional in our operations and serve as trustworthy stewards of taxpayer, donor and tuition dollars,
- focus on academic excellence and provide the resources for our people to succeed, and
- partner internally and externally to serve and positively impact our community.
UCF is our university, and our future is driven by you: Your ideas. Your research. Your dreams.
Below, you will find only some of your accomplishments over the past year that make Knight Nation proud.
Our leadership team and I are here to support you, and I have complete confidence that together, we will reach this goal — in a way that is uniquely UCF.
Go Knights! Charge On!
A global pandemic couldn’t keep our faculty from teaching or researching this year. They continued the high-level of coursework they’re known for, advanced knowledge in their fields, and found creative ways to celebrate the arts and foster STEM fields — all while advancing research initiatives, impacting society and garnering national recognition.
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award recipients
- Academy of Science, Engineering and Medicine of Florida inductees
- Fulbright Researchers
- National Academy of Kinesiology Fellows
- National Academy of Nursing Fellows
- American Council on Education Fellow
- Florida Academy of Sciences Medalist
- Healthcare Simulation Educator of the Year
- Microsoft Investigator Fellow
- National Academy of Engineering Fellow
- National Academy of Inventors Fellow
- National Academy of Public Administration Fellow
- National Center for Simulation Hall of Fame inductee
- National Endowment for the Arts Creative Writing Fellow
- National Institutes of Health Maximizing Investigators’ Research Award recipient
- National Strength and Conditioning Association Fellow
- U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency’s Director’s Fellow
All stats are based on 2020 and 2021.
From leading the research and development of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine to preserving America’s history, our graduates continue to make the university proud not only through what they achieve in their careers but also the work they do to positively impact their communities, the nation and the world.
Knights are known for their grit, compassion and triumphs. UCF students have embodied all three this past year, not only navigating the disruption and disappointment brought about by a global pandemic but also flourishing academically, personally and professionally. Their perseverance and growth speak to their potential as future leaders.
New National Merit Scholars
NSF Graduate Research Fellows
Patti Grace Smith Fellows
UCF student-athletes continue to gain incredible momentum and have a strong foundation for success, including a culture of innovation and winning with integrity. Our talented coaches and athletics staff share our commitment to our student-athletes’ success in the classroom and preparing them well for careers after they graduate.
Consecutive semesters student-athletes have posted a 3.0 GPA or better
Student-athletes who advanced to the pros
AAC Conference Championship Titles
Supplier of graduates to the aerospace and defense industries — and No. 2 preferred supplier
Aviation Week Network
Cyberdefense team in the nation
National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition
Graduate video game design program in the nation
The Princeton Review and PC Gamer
Hospitality and tourism programs in the nation — and No. 2 in the world
For social mobility impact in the nation
Education Reform Now
Bachelor degree-awarding institution for Hispanic students in the nation
Transportation science and technology programs in the nation
Hospitality school in the world
Kinesiology program in the nation
National Academy of Kinesiology
Best undergraduate online programs in the nation
U.S. News & World Report
Most innovative university in the nation
U.S. News & World Report
Peace Corps-producing university in the nation
America’s Best Employers for DiversityForbes
Graduate programs among the Top 100 in the nation
U.S. News & World Report
Cybersecurity programs in the nation
Best public education institution
Consistently Raising the Bar
Despite the challenges presented by COVID-19, we have continued to set new benchmarks this year as one of the top public research universities. Achievements were not just in the quality of students choosing UCF but also in the work our faculty and staff do every day to support, encourage and challenge them to succeed.
Average GPA of incoming FTICs*
Average SAT score*
Average ACT score*
Overall first-year retention rate*
Degrees awarded in 2020
Research funding received in 2020
U.S. patents secured through 2020
Faculty promoted across all disciplines in 2020 and 2021
National Academy memberships through April 2021
*Based on Fall 2020 stats
Hispanic Serving Institution
Student success rates* for Black and Hispanic students
First-time in college students✝
Pell Grant-eligible students enrolled✝
*Combined retention and graduate rates
✝Based on Fall 2020 data