Over the years, the success of this consortium has been extraordinary:
• 300 companies have been served
• 1,750 students have been involved
• 250 professors have participated
• $130 million of industry match dollars has been invested in the projects
• the impact on regional business is estimated to be more than a half-billion dollars
The High-Tech Corridor is a terrific example of a win-win situation. High-tech businesses need respected research universities, research facilities and equipment, and a critical mass of research organizations. The universities need opportunities for faculty members to pursue research that will advance their careers and opportunities for students to participate in research, instruction, training, and internships.
For more, visit the Corridor Web site.