- College of Medicine
- Biomedical Sciences
Director: Dr. Griffith Parks
Burnett Building at Lake Nona (BBS), 101K
- Students who declare this major are admitted in a “Pending” status.
- In order for students to transition out of “Pending” status, they must earn a “C” or better in each of the following courses or their equivalents: BSC 2010C, CHM 2045C, CHM 2046, CHM 2210.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Students should complete the General Education Program before transferring within the Florida College System or State University System.
- Grades below “C” in Common Program Prerequisites, Core Requirements and Restricted Electives are not accepted.
- Students in undergraduate majors within the College of Medicine are expected to consistently make good progress towards their degrees. Therefore, the COM/BSBS Progress Policy mandates that undergraduate students meet the requirements of the policy. Below are the specific requirements of the Progress Policy:
- Students with 3 withdrawal (W) grades will be placed in a probationary status.
- Students with 5 withdrawal (W) grades will meet with an advisor from the Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center for selection of a different major.
- Medical withdrawals are not included in this withdrawal component.
- Students who earned 5 low grades (C-, D, F, W, NC, U) will be placed on a probationary status and will meet with a peer mentor for major advising.
- Students who earn more than 8 low grades (C-, D, F, W, NC, U), will meet with an advisor from Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center for selection of a different major.
- Students with 2 unsuccessful attempts of the same UCF course will be placed on a probationary status and will meet with a peer mentor for major advising.
- Students with 3 unsuccessful attempts of the same UCF course will meet with an advisor from the Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center for selection of a different major.
- Students in this track must maintain a minimum science GPA of 3.2. Students who are unable to maintain such GPA, the student will have to revert back into the nontrack Biomedical Sciences B.S.
- Students should consult with a BSBS academic advisor at least once per semester.
Tuition and Fees
UCF is ranked as a best-value university by The Princeton Review and Kiplinger, and one of the nation’s most affordable colleges by Forbes.
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.