The University of Central Florida seeks to fill positions for its new student ambassador team at UCF Downtown. Ambassadors will represent the university to the highest degree and participate in campus tours, community engagement events, and student activities at the new campus in downtown Orlando. Ambassadors should be well-rounded UCF students who excel academically while being actively involved in university life.
Serving ten hours a week or less during the semester, Ambassadors will work to educate UCF students about UCF Downtown academics and campus resources through a variety of in-person and online initiatives, including university events and social media marketing.
A successful candidate will have a flexible schedule, be a good communicator, organized, proactive, possess good time management skills and have an eye for detail. Students enrolled in a downtown campus major and with prior internship or work experience is preferred. Minimal travel is required for this position, which is based at UCF Downtown.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Represent UCF Downtown by providing appropriate information to current and incoming UCF students at tabling events, information booths, and outreach events in collaboration with UCF faculty and staff.
- Attend required regular team meetings to discuss experiences, programs, performance, and ongoing training.
- Assist with planning and content creation for UCF Downtown social channels, marketing materials and other promotional and grassroots marketing activities.
- Provide information and materials, and conduct presentations about the downtown experience to small and large groups such as student clubs, student organizations, and classes.
- Table on behalf of UCF Downtown at open house and recruitment events.
- Attend UCF Downtown events to engage with students and other audiences.
Expected Qualifications for Student Ambassadors:
- Be able to work up to 10 hours per work
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Be involved in at least two clubs or student activities
- Be active on social media
- Have knowledge and skills to record and edit videos and photos
- Have a flexible class schedule, in order to attend campus events and activities
- Be comfortable with public speaking
- Be able to attend events throughout the year
- Be able to work independently
- Be able to work on teams and with peers
UCF students interested in the Student Ambassador position should send a resume and cover letter to UCFDowntown@ucf.edu with the subject line: “Student Ambassador Application” no later than Sunday, March 15 at midnight.