Skip to main content

Individuals in the U.S. on an F1 or F2 student visa, a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa, or a G series visa (pertaining to international organizations) are not eligible for federal student aid; however, a Florida Financial Aid Application may be completed to determine eligibility for state-funded financial aid.

  • The federal government does not have any specific programs for international students.
  • The Office of Student Financial Assistance does not award scholarships for non-U.S. citizens. However, the office lists various scholarship opportunities for non-US citizens on the Scholarship page.
  • To search for additional scholarships, please visit the International Scholarship website.
  • For other financial support opportunities, please refer to the academic department of your major.
  • For general information regarding international students, please visit UCF Global.

International Students Receiving Private Loans

Please note that International students must have a valid Social Security Number or an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN). Students that are not eligible for a social security number can apply for an ITIN by filing a W-7 with the Internal Revenue Service. The form and instructions are located on the IRS website.

Under the section regarding the reason you are submitting the W7 form, you should select the reason that applies to your specific situation. If you are applying for the ITIN only for the loan process, one of the following may be suitable:

  • A nonresident alien individual not eligible for an SSN who is required to file a U.S. tax return or who is filing a U.S. tax return only to claim a refund.
  • A nonresident alien student, professor, or researcher who is required to file a U.S. tax return but who is not eligible for an SSN, or who is claiming an exception to the tax return filing requirement.

International Students Receiving Scholarships

Awards for international students are subject to NRA tax review by the UCF Global prior to disbursement. Specific IRS forms and immigration documents must be submitted each calendar year (when applicable) to UCF Global:

  • Foreign National Information Form
  • IRS Form W-8BEN or W-9
  • Treaty Paperwork (if applicable)

Please note: Not all forms (mentioned above) are applicable to all students receiving awards. Please contact UCF Global to determine which forms apply to you.

Individuals with a Social Security Card must present the card at the time the above forms are completed. If you do not have a Social Security number, please contact UCF Global at 407-823-2337 for assistance in obtaining a valid taxpayer number.

UCF Global is required by IRS regulation to either have the above documents on file or to submit them to the IRS in a timely manner. This process may be required for each year a student receives an award.