The non-resident waiver information below is for undergraduate degree-seeking students only. Need based non-resident waivers are awarded to entering high school graduates, transfer students and continuing UCF students who are non-Florida residents. Undergraduate second degree-seeking students are ineligible.
The awards are based on academic performance, as well as financial need. There is no separate application to receive this award. Students who apply for financial aid and have been admitted to UCF are automatically considered for this award. Students who are non-residents and were selected for the Pegasus or Knights Achievement Scholarship will receive their award in the form, but would not be eligible for this waiver program.
Graduate students seeking information regarding non-resident waivers, departmental payments, fellowships, and teaching assistantships should refer to the Office of Graduate Studies and the department of their graduate degree.
Students must file a FAFSA and have the error-free results on file with UCF. Awards are based on the available funds, so students should apply early for consideration. Awards are made to students who meet all eligibility requirements.
General Eligibility Requirements
- Strong financial need as determined by current year FAFSA.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Must be a non-Florida resident for tuition purposes.
- Must have a minimum entrance GPA of 3.0 for incoming students.
- Continuing UCF students must have a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (a minimum of 12 UCF credit hours) each fall and spring term.
- Be enrolled in a first undergraduate degree program.
- Cannot be used for transient enrollment.
- Meet the Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Must have a complete financial aid file (no remaining To-Do List items).
- Cannot be a recipient of another non-resident waiver or award designated toward non-resident tuition.
- If a student becomes a Florida resident for tuition purposes, the award will be canceled and will not be replaced.
- Number of awards is dependent upon program funding levels each year.
Note: Any combination of UCF-sponsored non-resident waiver awards cannot exceed 95 percent of the total cost of non-Florida resident tuition and fees. UCF reserves the right to adjust this award to comply with the above university policy, as well as other financial aid regulations.
The only exception to the full-time enrollment requirement is granted to students during their graduating semester. Exceptions can only be considered if there is funding available for this award program. Please note that if an exception is granted, the award will be prorated.
For the exception to be reviewed, students must provide a memo on letterhead from their academic advisor indicating:
- Student’s name and UCF ID /PID
- Semester graduation is expected
- Name of course(s) needed for graduation
- Name of the undergraduate degree to be received
This award is non-renewable, but students who meet the eligibility criteria will be considered for it each year.