Students who have been approved to take classes at another institution should consider all of the following:
- If you are enrolled in transient hours during your first term at UCF, you must be enrolled in at least one class at UCF, in addition to your transient hours. Should you be out of UCF for two or more consecutive terms and decide to enroll as a transient student, you must be enrolled in at least one UCF class for that initial readmit term.
- Transient hours cannot be used to fulfill hour requirements for institutional programs such as the UCF Grant, UCF Scholars Award, and Pegasus Scholarships. Review our Program Eligibility Charts for detailed enrollment requirements.
- Stafford loans and PLUS loans require a minimum of 6 UCF hours for eligibility.
- You are responsible for paying fees to the transient institution by the deadline date of that institution.
- Financial aid will not be disbursed until after the completion of this transient process.
- UCF will process financial aid for UCF degree-seeking students only.
- You may be required to repay financial aid awards should you drop or withdraw from any classes.
- Only courses used to satisfy UCF degree requirements will be considered.
- A student’s SAP status is evaluated every semester to include newly earned grades into their status. If a student is no longer meeting all SAP standards, they will receive notification to their Knights email account regarding the change in status and how the change will impact their aid eligibility for their next term of enrollment.
- This office will not accept courses taken without Confirmation of Advisor Authorization found at FloridaShines.org.
Forms Needed for Transient Enrollment at UCF
If attending any college or university other than a Florida public institution, submit the following documents to the Office of Student Financial Assistance on or before the withdrawal deadline of the term in which aid is to be disbursed:
- Transient Notification Form for Financial Aid for Out of State and Private Institutions.
- A copy of the Fee Invoice and Class Schedule from the transient (host) Institution.
- A copy of the Transient Student Approval Form with required signatures from Academic Advisor, Academic Services (if required) and UCF Registrar’s Office.
- A completed Consortium Agreement Form to be completed by the transient school’s Financial Aid Office.
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the visited school promptly provides UCF Registrar’s Office with academic transcripts, confirming that the attempted hours are completed.
Students may not receive financial aid from two institutions at the same time. Students must decide which of the two institutions is the primary school at which they are degree-seeking and apply for aid there. Any inaccuracy will result in a mandatory repayment to one of the two schools for the overpayment.
If UCF is your host institution, please visit the Registrar’s Office website for more information.
If you have any more questions, please email [email protected].