Skip to main content

You will be required to provide proof that your parents (or parent and step-parent) were separated on or before the day you completed the FAFSA. You may provide one of the following documentation:

  • A copy of the divorce decree.
  • A copy of the legal separation.
  • Proof of your parent’s physical address as well as proof of your parent’s spouse’s physical address such as copies of utility bills or phone bills dated on/before the day you completed your FAFSA.

You will also be required to provide the IRS tax return transcripts and all W2s for both parents.