The Florida Department of Education offers various student financial assistance programs which are administered by the Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) in Tallahassee. The OSFA website includes complete eligibility requirements, application procedures, award amounts, and renewal requirements.
Eligible students will receive an annual award based on the programs. Currently, awards are not available for summer terms. Prior to the beginning of the term, an Estimate Award will post on the student’s file, based on 14 credit hours enrollment for the program. After Drop/Swap and Add ends, the awards will be updated to Actual Award.
• José Martí Scholarship Challenge Grant Fund
• Rosewood Family Scholarship Program
• Minority Teacher Education Scholars (MTES)
• Children and Spouses of Deceased or Disabled Veterans (CSDDV)
• Florida Farmworkers Student Scholarship (FFSS)
• Benacquisto Scholarship (FIS)
General eligibility requirements for all programs are:
- Be a Florida resident and a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (determined by the postsecondary institution).
- Not owe a repayment or be in default under any state or federal grant, loan or scholarship program unless satisfactory arrangements to repay have been made.
- Not have previously received a baccalaureate degree.
- Enroll as a degree-seeking student at an eligible postsecondary institution.
For more on these programs, visit the Florida Student Scholarship & Grant Programs website