On behalf of university leadership, I want to thank our students for your contributions to our community this semester and wish you success with final exams. We know this point in the semester can be particularly challenging, and we want to remind you to take care of yourself and of the resources available to help you study and stay well.
If you are looking for some additional support with particular classes, check out Study Union from April 23 through 27. Before and during final exam week, the Student Academic Resource Center hosts final exam review sessions spanning a variety of academic subjects at the Student Union and via Zoom.
The Academic Coaching & Engagement (ACE) program also is offered in-person during Study Union. ACE coaches work with students one-on-one to provide you with ways to improve study skills, test-taking skills, test anxiety, time management and more. The complete Study Union schedule is available in the UCF Mobile app.
UCF has an abundance of additional resources available to you throughout your time as a student:
- Student Care Services: If you are facing unexpected challenges, reach out for wrap-around care and support. The office can be reached by calling 407-823-5607, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and by submitting a Student of Concern form for yourself or a fellow Knight.
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS): CAPS offers free mental health individual and group therapy sessions and also can assist with finding off-campus providers for longer-term support. Their 24/7 crisis hotline can be reached by calling 407-823-2811 and pressing 5.
- Therapy Assistance Online (TAO): TAO is a self-guided interactive program that aids with managing anxiety, depression and other concerns. The online experience includes viewing short, helpful videos; taking part in brief exercises; and using logs to track your mood and progress.
- Togetherall: Togetherall is a peer-to-peer space to connect with others experiencing similar feelings. Whether you are struggling to cope, feeling low or just need a place to talk, Togetherall can help you to explore your feelings in a supportive environment, with trained professionals on hand 24/7.
- Academic Services: Academic Services helps you navigate state and university policies related to academic record changes, curriculum file management, degree audits and graduation requirements.
- Wellness and Health Promotion Services (WHPS): WHPS offers wellness coaching to assist with your health goals and help you make lifestyle changes to optimize your well-being. Specially trained and certified staff can help with nutrition, physical activity, stress management and more. Call 407-823-5841 to make an appointment.
- Knights Helping Knights Pantry: The pantry is available for Knights who need support with items such as food, clothing and toiletries.
- Student Legal Services: Offers free legal advice, consultation and court representation in select areas of law that students encounter most often, including lease agreements and assistance.
- Emergency Funding: For those who are facing financial insecurity, complete an application to be considered for emergency funds.
- Ombuds Office: Provides all members of the university community with an independent, confidential and neutral place to share concerns and seek resolution.
Please continue to take care of yourself and look out for the well-being of your fellow Knights. We wish you the very best for a successful completion of this semester.
Go Knights, Charge On!