Family, friends and UCF Police officers and staff welcomed six new officers to the department at a swearing-in ceremony Thursday.
All of the newest UCFPD recruits have experience in either law enforcement or the military, which is what Chief Carl Metzger says he was looking for in patrol officers.
“At UCFPD, we have a diverse group of people,” said Metzger. “Some of our officers are right out of the academy and some have been serving for years. Having that variety of experience allows our agency to better serve our community, and we’re excited to see what this new group has to offer.”
The new officers are:
- Jeffery Hector, an alumnus of Eastern Florida State College who has 12 years of law enforcement experience
- Jimmy Hu Sam, a UCF alumnus and first lieutenant in the U.S. Army Reserves
- Federico Jarrett, a former police officer with the Winter Garden Police Department and currently in the Army Reserves
- Gerry Marseille, a former officer at the Orlando Police Department and University of Florida Police Department
- Monica Quimbayo, a former deputy with the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office and officer at the Gainesville Police Department
- Austin Quinn, a UCF alumnus who is from Tennessee
They’ll complete classroom training over the next several weeks before being paired with patrol officers to get hands-on experience in the field. This summer, they will join the UCFPD as patrol officers.
A video of the ceremony can be viewed here.