Family, friends and UCF Police Department (UCFPD) officers and staff welcomed two new officers to the department at a swearing-in ceremony in March.
This group features a UCF alumna and a 15-year Coast Guard veteran, both of whom have previous law enforcement experience.
“The UCF community is in great hands with these officers,” says UCF Police Chief Carl Metzger ’03MS. “We strive to be the professional, progressive and innovative campus police department in the nation and I’m confident that Elaina and Jordan will help us to continue to achieve that goal.”
At their swearing-in ceremony, UCF Police Deputy Chief Robin Griffin-Kitzerow offered her words of wisdom for the new officers.
“As you go forward and make a difference in the lives of others, make sure that you’re mindful of your image,” Griffin-Kitzerow says. “The three measures of that are the organization, the badge — or the profession as a whole — and your family name. We’re here for you and we support you and we’re so glad to have you here.”
The two newest patrol officers recently completed their classroom training and will now hit the road on the main campus. They will spend several weeks paired with senior officers to receive hands-on experience out in the field before graduating to solo patrol.
The new officers are:
- Elaina Little ’20, a UCF criminal justice alumna and current graduate student who previously served with the Winter Garden Police Department.
- Jordan Savage, who is originally from Mississippi and served in the United States Coast Guard for 15 years.
During the ceremony, UCFPD also recognized recently promoted individuals, including:
- Gerard Flood, who was promoted from corporal in September 2022.
- Pete Stephens ’92, who was promoted from corporal in September 2022.
- Alex DeLuca ’15, who was promoted from officer first class in January 2023.
- Rebeca Alonso, who was promoted to dispatch manager in January 2023.
- Shawna Meyers ’02, who was promoted to law enforcement records specialist II in April 2022.
A live-stream of the ceremony can be viewed here.