- College of Arts and Humanities
- Visual Arts & Design, Schl of
The School affirms that a theoretical and working understanding of the historical meanings and studio applications of the human image are critical in the education of Visual Art and Art History students. To develop such an understanding, Art courses often utilize images of clothed and unclothed human figures and, in certain studio classes, live nude models. Note: Although the school maintains a computer lab for student use, majors must have continual access to a computer. Contact the program for the minimum hardware and software specifications.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Departmental Residency Requirement consists of at least 18 semester hours of regularly scheduled 3000-4000 level courses taken from the UCF School of Visual Arts and Design.
- All junior level students in this program must satisfactorily complete the mandatory ART 3950 – Portfolio Review ONLY if they wish to enroll in upper division ART courses, otherwise, students in this program are not required to complete ART 3950 – Portfolio Review. The Spring review takes place the first week of March. The Fall review takes place the first week of October.
- Students must earn at least a “C” (2.0) in each required course.
- Co-op internship credits are not permitted in this major without prior written permission.
- Students should consult with a School advisor at least once annually.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.