- College of Health Professions and Sciences
- Health Sciences
Department Chair, Professor: Dr. Gail Kauwell
The Bachelor of Science degree in Health Sciences is designed for students with an interest in human health who plan to pursue health-focused careers. The Pre-Clinical track provides students with a solid educational background in basic and health-related sciences, while providing the foundation courses required for admission to graduate level clinical programs including but not limited to medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, optometry, physician assistant, and other health-related professions.
- Students must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Students who change programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Students must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 to get accepted into the Pre- Clinical track.
- Students selecting the Pre-Clinical track are classified as “pending” until the program verifies that they meet the GPA requirements for this track. Students who meet the requirements are changed to the Pre-Clinical track.
- Courses listed below under the GEP and CPP categories usually are completed during the first 60 credit hours and may be taken at an institution within the Florida College System.
- A minimum grade of “C” (2.0) in each program prerequisite course, in each core requirement course, and in each restricted elective is required. Students should note that graduate programs may require a higher level of performance for admission.
- No transfer course will be accepted with a grade lower than a “C” (2.0).
- Students must achieve a minimum 3.0 overall GPA for graduation.
Students who do not meet the minimum overall 3.0 GPA graduation requirement will be automatically moved to the Health Sciences – Health Promotion track during their graduation term and will earn the Health Sciences – Health Promotion track B.S. if they have met all program requirements.
- Students who do not meet the overall minimum 3.0 GPA graduation requirement and wish to delay graduation instead of being moved to the Health Sciences-Health Promotion track, must formally petition the department no more than 7 days after grades are posted for the term. Final approval to delay graduation and remain in the Pre-Clinical track is at the discretion of the department.
Tuition and Fees
UCF is ranked as a best-value university by The Princeton Review and Kiplinger, and one of the nation’s most affordable colleges by Forbes.
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.