- College of Health Professions and Sciences
- Health Sciences
College of Health Professions and Sciences
Department of Health Sciences,
Health and Public Affairs I, Room: 124
Dr. Suha Saleh, email@example.com 407-823-0946
The Bachelor of Science degree in Health Sciences is designed for students with interest in human health leading to graduate study or career advancement. The Pre-Clinical Track is designed to provide students with a solid educational background in basic and health-related sciences, while providing the foundation courses required for admission to graduate level clinical programs in health professions including but not limited to medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, optometry, physician assistant, and physical therapy. The flexibility of this program allows students to prepare for multiple careers in health sciences.
- Students must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Students who change programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Students must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 to get accepted into the Pre- Clinical track.
- Students who select the Pre-Clinical track will be classified as “pending”. The program will verify that the students meet the GPA requirements for this track. If requirements are met, the track will be changed to Pre-Clinical.
- The courses designated in GEP and CPP below may be taken at a Florida College System institution, and should usually be completed in the first 60 hours.
- A minimum grade of “C” (2.0) in each program prerequisite course, in each core requirement course, and in each restricted elective is required. Students should note that graduate programs may require a higher level of performance for admission.
- No transfer course will be accepted with a grade lower than a “C” (2.0).
- Students must achieve a minimum 3.0 overall GPA for graduation.
Students who do not meet the minimum overall 3.0 GPA graduation requirement will be automatically moved to the Health Sciences – Health Promotion Track during their graduation term and will earn the Health Sciences – Health Promotion Track B.S if they have met all requirements for the program.
- Students who do not meet the overall minimum 3.0 GPA graduation requirement and wish to delay graduation instead of being moved to the Health Sciences-Health Promotion Track, must formally petition with the department no more than 7 days after grades post for the term. Final approval to delay graduation and remain in the Pre-Clinical Track is at the discretion of the department.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)