- College of Health Professions and Sciences
- Kinesiology&Phys Thpy, Schl of
Associate Professor, Division of Kinesiology Head: Dr. David Fukuda
The Kinesiology B.S. Sport and Athletic Coaching track is appropriate for students interested in coaching at all levels of competition, in a variety of sports, including strength and conditioning. Students are provided with a combination of course content as well as practical field and laboratory experiences. Sport and Athletic Coaching includes coursework leading to partial fulfillment of the Athletic Coaching Endorsement. Full eligibility for the endorsement may require additional criteria outlined by the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE). For further information regarding the Athletic Coaching Endorsement, visit http://www.fldoe.org/edcert/ This program Kinesiology B.S – Sport and Athletic Coaching Track has potential ties to professional licensure or certification in the field. For more information on how this program may prepare you in that regard, please visit https://apq.ucf.edu/files/Licensure-Disclosure-CHPS-Kinesiology-Coaching-BS-June2020.pdf
- Complete the University General Education Requirements or its equivalent, i.e. an AA degree from a Florida College System or State University System institution.
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA.
- Meet the Gordon Rule requirement
- Meet the SUS Foreign Language Admission requirement
- Students should consult with an advisor on a regular basis.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Students should see an advisor prior to selecting this major, and at least every semester thereafter.
- Students must earn at least a “C” (2.0) in each required course and maintain an overall GPA of at least a 2.5.
- All pre-requisites for courses taught within the Kinesiology program will be enforced and a required grade of “C” (2.0) or better must be reflected on the degree audit.
- Students must meet with their advisor prior to enrollment in Kinesiology Practicum to complete the departmental application and approval process.
Tuition and Fees
UCF is ranked as a best-value university by The Princeton Review and Kiplinger, and one of the nation’s most affordable colleges by Forbes.
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.