- College of Arts and Humanities
- Visual Arts & Design, Schl of
College of Arts and Humanities
School of Visual Arts and Design
(This program is offered by UCF at the Daytona Beach Campus)
This program is offered by UCF at the Daytona Beach Campus. Photography is also available as an area of concentration on the Orlando campus through the School of Visual Arts and Design (SVAD) as part of the Art, Studio Track (B.A.) and Studio Art (B.F.A.) programs. The School of Visual Arts and Design affirms that a theoretical and working understanding of the historical meanings and studio applications of the human image are critical in the education of Visual Art and Art History students. To develop such an understanding, school courses often utilize images of clothed and unclothed human figures and, in certain studio classes, live nude models.
- Completion of an A.S. in Photographic Technology from Daytona State College or equivalent coursework.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Departmental Residency Requirement consists of at least 36 semester hours of regularly scheduled 3000-4000 level courses taken from the UCF School of Visual Arts and Design
- Students must earn at least a “C” (2.0) in each required upper level course and maintain an overall GPA of at least 2.0
- Upper-division electives, internship credit, and course substitutions must be approved by the program director.
- Students should consult with a Photography advisor before selecting this major, and at least annually thereafter.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)