- College of Health Professions and Sciences
- Kinesiology&Phys Thpy, Schl of
Dr. David Fukuda, David.Fukuda@ucf.edu
The Sport and Exercise Science B.S. program offers students the option of two tracks, Coaching and Human Performance, offered at the Orlando campus. The Coaching track is appropriate for students interested in coaching at all levels of competition, in a variety of sports, including strength and conditioning. Students are provided with a combination of course content as well as practical field and laboratory experiences. The Coaching Track includes coursework leading to partial fulfillment of the Athletic Coaching Endorsement. Full eligibility for the endorsement may require additional criteria outlined by the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE). For further information regarding the Athletic Coaching Endorsement, visit http://www.fldoe.org/edcert/ The Human Performance track is appropriate for students interested in pursuing careers in sport science, health promotion, medicine, wellness, sports medicine, and allied health (i.e. physical therapy, occupational therapy, and cardiac rehabilitation). Students who may be continuing on to graduate school in a clinical or medical area should consider pre-requisites for graduate school when choosing certain classes. Students are advised to check the Graduate Program’s website for updated information, as well as the Undergraduate Catalog for appropriate General Education courses.
- Complete the University General Education Requirements or its equivalent, i.e. an AA degree from a Florida College System or State University System institution.
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA.
- Complete program prerequisite courses prior to admission to the major and upper level courses.
- Meet the Gordon Rule requirement
- Meet the Foreign Language Admission requirement
- Students should consult with an advisor on a regular basis.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Students should see an advisor prior to selecting this major, and at least every semester thereafter.
- Students must earn at least a “C” (2.0) in each required course and maintain an overall GPA of at least a 2.5.
- All pre-requisites for courses taught within the Sport and Exercise Science program will be enforced and a required grade of “C” (2.0) or better must be reflected on the degree audit.
- Students must meet with their advisor prior to enrollment in Sport and Exercise Science Practicum to complete the departmental application and approval process.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)