Created in 2012, Giving Tuesday is a global generosity movement celebrated on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. It puts a philanthropic spin on the retail rush of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Each year, Giving Tuesday highlights the power of people coming together to make a positive difference in our communities and the world.
We encourage our Knights to consider UCF when participating in Giving Tuesday this year. Together, we can fund scholarships for deserving students, breakthroughs in research, and other initiatives that build a better future for our students and society.
Here are five things Knights should know about Giving Tuesday at UCF:
1. Giving Tuesday is on Tuesday, Nov. 28.
But you can give to UCF as early as today by visiting the Giving Tuesday donation form.
You can support UCF for Giving Tuesday as early as today.
2. Last year, Knight Nation came together and raised more than $475,000 to support funds for UCF students.
UCF has participated in Giving Tuesday since 2013. Last year, you helped us unlock even more potential and inspire excellence across the university on Giving Tuesday. Donors from all over the nation rallied to raise $475,000 toward student success at UCF, funding scholarships, career services, Knights Pantry, academic support, athletics and more.
3. Every donor and every dollar count.
Every gift matters. Whether it’s $5, $10 or $50, it makes a collective impact. We have a strong, passionate community of alumni and friends. How much could we accomplish if we all came together as a force for good?
4. This Giving Tuesday, alumni and friends are encouraged to make an impact where it’s needed most by donating to UCF’s Greatest Needs fund.
Gifts to UCF’s Greatest Needs fund make possible some of the university’s most pressing initiatives. This can include fellowships, scholarships, faculty research, student experience programs, athletics, campus learning spaces, emergency relief and more.
When you give a Greatest Needs gift, you can feel good knowing it’s accomplishing something powerful. Wherever the need is most urgent, your donation provides immediate support.
5. All giving matters—whether it’s a donation, your time or your talent.
Here are some other ways to show your support:
- Volunteer with a local alumni group
- Become a social media ambassador
- Knight Your Ride with a UCF license plate
- Cheer loud and proud at the next UCF sporting event
- Mentor current UCF students
- Hire a Knight
- Attend an event
Most importantly, share your story. Tell everyone what it means to be a Knight and why you love UCF. Together, we can make this great university even greater tomorrow than it is today.