The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) has changed significantly for the 2024-25 academic year.
Some of the biggest changes include:
- Feb. 15, 2024 is UCF’s 2024-25 priority filing date.
- The U.S. Department of Education recently announced delays in receiving FAFSA results. However, you are still encouraged to submit your FAFSA by UCF’s 2024-25 priority filing date.
- Can’t submit your 2024-25 FAFSA by Feb. 15? Applications can still be submitted after, but we recommend submitting by this date to receive the greatest consideration for financial aid — especially because some aid programs are first come, first served.
- The FAFSA now has fewer questions and is more streamlined.
- Each contributor (student, spouse, parent(s) and/or stepparent(s)) must provide consent to complete the FAFSA so that their tax information can be imported into the application.
“UCF has established a date by which we prefer that students complete the FAFSA for maximum consideration for financial aid. By filing by the priority filing date, students increase their likelihood of getting the most comprehensive financial aid package available,” says Karemah Manselle, interim director of the Office of Student Financial Assistance. “We want everyone to be aware of the opportunity to fill out the FAFSA now. What students can do right now is submit the FAFSA so that they are in the first batch to be processed, and then get the best student aid package available.”
As a reminder, current and incoming students seeking financial aid need to complete the FAFSA every academic year. To learn more about all changes to the 2024-25 FAFSA, visit UCF’s FAFSA simplification page.