MyFloridaFuture is an exciting new interactive tool designed to assist students and families in making better-informed decisions about postsecondary educational options in the State University System of Florida. House Bill 1261, passed by the 2021 Florida Legislature and signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis, directed the Board of Governors of the State University System to develop a free, online college and career planning tool that provides students, parents, and policymakers with a wealth of State University System of Florida graduate outcome information. MyFloridaFuture allows users to explore data both at the system-level and by individual institution that provides useful information about the employment, salaries, and debt of graduates from Florida’s 12 public universities.
“This is a very bright day for our students and prospective students! MyFloridaFuture will empower Florida’s students and their families to make knowledge-driven decisions to optimize their future success,” says Brian Lamb, chair of the Board of Governors. “The trajectory of Florida’s 12 public universities in cost-to-degree, 4-year graduation rates, and graduate earning potential continues to rise, and we are grateful to the Florida Legislature and Governor DeSantis for giving us the opportunity to design an innovative tool that highlights this success and enhances a student’s ability to select the right degree program to achieve their career path and maximize their success.”
Students and their families can explore each tab to learn more about options regarding
- Earnings over time: What is the earning potential for each academic program at 1, 5, and 10 years after graduation?
- Compare earnings: What are some examples of low, median, and high wages across multiple programs?
- Beyond the bachelor’s: What is the additional earning potential if I continue my education beyond a bachelor’s degree?
- Earnings by major group: What salary ranges are expected for different major groups? Can I compare simultaneously and how do they compare?
- Typical loan amounts: What is the proportion of students in the State University System who graduate with student loan debt? And what is the average loan amount of a specific academic program?
- Loans over time: What are the projected monthly student loan debt payments as a proportion of potential monthly earnings over a ten-year period?
“MyFloridaFuture is going to bring awareness to students for intentional planning for the future,” says Nastassia Janvier, FSU student body president and Board of Governors FSA chair. “Students will have the opportunity to engage with it whenever they want and can use it as a resource to research different career fields. I know this will only contribute to student success for all 12 public universities.”
In addition to the MyFloridaFuture webpage, the MyFloridaFuture tool is also available on the admissions page of each of Florida’s 12 public universities.