File a Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA) to apply for the Federal Work Study (FWS) Program.
Once FWS is awarded, you can check your myUCF account to see the amount of your FWS award. You must either accept or decline the award in your myUCF account.
Complete any items on your myUCF To Do List including the FWS Contract. To access the FWS Contract:
- Log in to myUCF.
- Go to your Student Center.
- From the To Do List, select the FWS Contract.
- Click on Checklist Detail.
- Access the FWS Contract using the link provided on the checklist detail.
Use Workday across UCF campus.
Apply for the positions you find directly on Workday. Be sure to apply for FWS positions. You can find FWS jobs by searching “work study” in the filters in the left-hand section of the “Jobs” page. If you are interested in working at a community service site off-campus, please contact the FWS Coordinator at [email protected].
The department will review applications and might contact you for an interview. When attending interviews, bring these documents:
- Award Summary & Class Schedule from myUCF
- A valid form of identification per UCF HR
- Valid Driver’s License or Acceptable Form of Identification
If an agreement is made, the department will prepare a complete hiring packet and forward it to Human Resources.
Completed a hiring packet from the department to begin working.
Review the FWS Student Rights and Responsibilities.